Saturday, August 7, 2010

It is our first day in Ho, and Kat and I already managed to find a computer.  (We are such Americans).  After arriving safe and sound in Accra, we had the pleasure of meeting Precious.  She showed us around the city, and even bought us our first sweet treat in Ghana.  It is called Congetta-sp-it is a peanut buttery hard candy?  However, the surge of sugar to my brain impaired my my ability to order dinner because I quickly forgot that I do not like enough vegetables to order the "vegetable rice."  I tried my best, but some mushrooms, green peppers, and onions remained on my plate.  Precious "picked" us the next morning along with Lucy, another volunteer who will be staying for a month.  Now Kat and I have settled into our home.  We are staying in a compound type area with all the essential needs: a school and a church.  Our host father, Pastor Eric, welcomed us to his home that he shares with the children we will be teaching.  Needless to say, our pirate tattoos were quite a hit with the kids--thanks Jo and Mary.  = )

No comments:

Post a Comment