Thursday, August 5, 2010

Departure at last

So it is approximately five in the morning.  No, I am not getting up as you might think.  I am about to go to sleep.  Waiting till the last minute to pack does has its downsides.  But I managed to ram all my clothes and school supplies into two suitcases, and I even managed to break our bathroom scale in the process of trying to weigh all my luggage.  Sorry about that mom and dad.  How come clothes weight so much!  Anyways, back to the original point of why I am writing this blog.  I am leaving on a jet plane (feel free to sing the song), and I won't be back again for 3 months.  Ghana here I come along with my dear friend from home, Kat Dibella.  We are working for an organization called Dream African Volunteers.  During our stay we will be teaching children at an orphanage in the city of Ho.  Although I do not know a lot of the specifics about the culture of Ghana, I am ready for whatever I might encounter.  For those of you who have seen Inception, I laugh at Arthur's notion of "specificity."  I am a kinesthetic learner about to have the experience of a lifetime thanks to my family supporting me.  Kim, Sandi- I'm talking to you.  And mom and dad you are always behind my endevours...I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment